help figuring out press and parts

I am a beginner when it comes to letterpress, but found this old hand press and would love some help identifying what type of press this is and how to find a part to fix it? It seems to be missing some sort of plate? I would love to be able to use it, but need some major help first. Thanks in advance!

image: press1.JPG


image: press2.JPG


image: press3.JPG


Log in to reply   3 replies so far

I had one, very similar to this one, and it had a large stamp pad under the top end. Wood-mounted rubber stamps would attach under the cross-bar, with clips to hold them in place. You would put the paper to be stamped on the large open end and press the handle down after touching the stamp pad first. It went well with a rubber-stamp outfit.

Dave Greer

I had one also. It’s exactly as T. J. said.

Thanks so much for the help.