Help me identify and use this press

Hi! I purchased this press along with an Excelsior press but haven’t figured out what this one is. I think I might need some felt pads to roll prints through but am unsure. Any idea what this is or what I need to use it?
Thank you!

image: IMG3877.jpg


image: IMG3876.jpg


Log in to reply   1 reply so far

My guess is that it is built for doing monoprints, where pigment painted on a flat surface is transferred directly to paper. If the body is wood, and with only a few fasteners, it just wouldn’t have enough strength for intaglio, unless it is celluloid intaglio like we did in high school.