Wood Type Identification

Looking for any information on identifying this type face pictured below.. I have it in various sizes but can’t seem to find it in various specimen books..
Also are there any references available for converting Hamilton style #s to actual font names?
Any info would be appreciated
Larry 516-633-5107

image: image.jpg


Log in to reply   3 replies so far

The metal typeface equivalent is Florentine. See the reference book “American Metal Typefaces of the Twentieth Century” by Mac Mac Grew.

Thank you Paul! Do you know of any reference sources that give Type face names to Hamilton Wood Type numbers?

See page 124 of the crisp Shooting Star Press reprint of “Hamilton’s Specimens of Wood Type Faces” showing their Florentine Bold Extra Condensed and Florentine Bold: