Fighting spam in Discussion: new techniques


Hi all,
Does the term “quaints” include fl, ffl and ffi?

Log in to reply   1 reply so far

I would say no; nowadays, ff, fi, fl, ffi and ffl are called ligatures (some fonts have other ligatures as well). Quaint characters refer to the “long s” or ligatures including a “long s.”

Here’s some more info which I just happened to find: