metal/wood type combo Id

Hello…Got a question on a galley of type that I forgot about in one of my galley cabinets. It is a metal face attached to a wood body. The face does not have much when it comes to the depth of drive; unless it is worn from years of printing.

Does anyone have more info on these metal/wood typefaces? I’m curious if they were used for certain purposes or were they just an alternative to wood or metal type. This type is not that large, only 4 line.

Any insight? Any idea on the typeface since there is no id mark? Thanks much! Photos below:

image: Metalwooda.jpg


image: Metalwoodb.jpg


image: Metalwoodc.jpg


Log in to reply