I have newly acquired a letterpress (C&P 10x15 OS) and it does not have Gripper Bars. So questions:
1. Where can I get them and how much should I expect to pay?
2. Could someone please post a picture that shows where the gripper bar attaches on the c&p OS so that I install mine correctly.
On another note: In transporting the above press and another 12x17 CP NS to my home the fly wheel broke (its a long sad story) but I am at a loss for what to do. I have noted my options as follows:
1. Scrapping the machine (which I DO NOT want to do)
2. Repairing the shattered fly wheel
3. Finding a replacement wheel
4. Recasting a wheel
Could anyone give me advice to what would be the best solution and most cost effective.
Log in to reply 6 replies so far
You can likely find a flywheel. Where are you located?
I would definitely vote for looking for a replacement wheel. You can braze cast iron, but the heating and cooling can create stress fractures elsewhere in the casting.
Think about what would happen if that flywheel failed while the press was running at speed. Yikes!
I think Greg Timko probably could sell you a flywheel. He has a lot of C&P parts.
The Arm Letterpress
Chuck and Roy Dunham in Iowa may also have some flywheels. Probably expensive to ship, which is why I was asking about your location.
I forgot to mention that NA Graphics have brand new C&P grippers and gripper mounting bolts for sale in their online store.
Thanks so much for all your help!! I am very grateful!
and I am located in Maryland Dicharry!