We’ve been referring to this type as “3 Line Typewriter” but does anybody else know what it’s really called? We purchased it off of ebay from a seller in Germany. There are a few additional letter Es with diacriticals.


image: 'Typewriter'.jpg


Log in to reply   1 reply so far

Hi Molly,

Does the type have a pinmark? And if so, what does it say or look like?

The characters themselves remind me of Peignot, a French design from the late 1930s. It is not Peignot, but closely resembles it stylistically.

Britannic from Stephenson Blake in England also has this same flavor, but is not it.