help with Golding shearer

I am helping a non-profit with refurbishing a Golding shearer, used for cutting angles on rule, etc. From pictures I have seen, there is a sliding stop that goes along the movable fence. It’s missing and need to know what it’s for. If it’s absolutely necessary, I will fabricate a new one.
So what is this stop for? It seems all the other manufacturers have also included this stop.

Log in to reply   1 reply so far

That stop determines the length of the rule being cut or mitered. It is very much needed for obtaining rules of equal length to make boxes or borders.

John Henry
Cedar Creek Press